Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Birthday Girl

Happy Birthday to our darling girl, Miss E., who turns five today. This photo was taken as we were heading out the door, with cupcakes and fruit juice in tow, for her celebration at preschool.

One of the highlights of the morning was Miss E. hearing her name and favorite song on "Kids Place Live," the Sirius/XM radio station we listen to each day. I e-mailed a request a few days ago, asking them to play "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music (she LOVES Julie Andrews as Maria), between 7:15 and 7:30 a.m. Sure enough, Kenny the morning host announced her name, our hometown and that she was turning five today. When the song came on, we were sitting in line at the Starbuck's drive thru and Miss E. was grinning ear to ear.

So, tonight we dine like kings at Red Robin, Miss E.'s favorite restaurant and then we'll head back to our house for cake and presents with the family. Hopefully there's not too much dust in the house, after the drywall application for the last two days. Our new hardwood floors go in today as well, so I'm really excited to see how they look. It's amazing to come home each evening and see the progress.

I can't believe my eldest child is five - where does the time go?? I love you, sweet girl. Can't wait for the evening's festivities!

14 comments:

Samma said...

Aw! Sound of Music was my fave flick as a child, along with The Princess Bride. Starngely, enough they still are. She looks adorable!

James said...

One word "perfection". A very Happy Birthday to your sweet girl.

Jessica Ryan said...

Happy Birthday Miss E!!! I hope it is a wonderful day! Five is such a great and lucky number to be.

teresa-bug said...

Happy Birthday to a cute little five year old! Sounds like the perfect day even for this 40 year old!

Main Line Sportsman said...

That picture shows a girl wit a ton of charm and personality...treasure these years...soon they are 16 and looking at Colleges. I know...my 2 daughters are 14 and 16 and it seems like last week we had the 5 year B-day.

QueenBeeSwain said...

:) I'm beaming from ear to ear, so I cannot imagine how thrilled your fam must be for your little lady today :)

xoox

kHm

Amanda Profumo said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday, Miss E! Can't wait to see your big #5 smiling face! Hope you guys have a great day!

Chic Coles said...

Happy birthday to Miss E sounds like an exciting day.

Seersucker Scrapper said...

Adorable! Happy Birthday Miss E! I'm a fan of Red Robin too!

Metropolitan Mum said...

Awww, how adorable! She looks quite a bit like Mummy, very pretty! Happy Birthday!

Mise said...

Only 2 days between her and my newly 5 year old. Happy birthday, Miss E.!

sara said...

Happy birthday to your little girl!

bevy said...

Happy Birthday Miss E! It seems you ALL had a great 5th birthday together! So happy...

Jo said...

Oh my goodness, what a perfect way to start a special day. I hope Miss E have a very Happy Birthday!

Jo